E Leet Gaming®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is intended to be an informative and fun site geared toward the subject of Gaming. This would include PC gaming, Console (Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation, PS2, PS3, ect) RPG, FPS, RTS and all the rest. We hope that you will join our community!

HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarcastic Gamer Podcast Charity Gaming event for the Texas Children's Hospital

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ascendancy
Admin
Admin
Ascendancy

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Sarcastic Gamer Podcast Charity Gaming event for the Texas Children's Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Sarcastic Gamer Podcast Charity Gaming event for the Texas Children's Hospital   Sarcastic Gamer Podcast Charity Gaming event for the Texas Children's Hospital EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm

The Sarcastic Gamer Podcast is hosting an amazing 24 hour gaming marathon charity event called Extra Life. I have decided to help with the event but I also need your help as well! I know I have many eyes and gaming enthusiasts reading this so please consider helping the kids in need! The minimum donation is $24 ($1 per hour) and every cent goes directly to Texas Children’s Hospital for the kids who are struggling with such harsh diseases. Here is how Sarcastic Gamer put it:

“Dear fellow gamers,

On Saturday October 18th, 2008 gamers from around the world will come together for 24 hours to raise money and awareness for the cause of pediatric cancer. Cancer is the number one cause of non-accidental death in children. Together, we’re going to stand with the families from around the world who come to Texas Children’s Cancer Center in Houston, Texas for lifesaving treatment. Texas Children’s Cancer Center serves kids worldwide regardless of their family’s ability to pay. This generous philosophy means that your support is crucial to ensuring not only the development of new cutting edge cures, but also to provide care to kids from all corners of the globe.

Be a hero by simply doing something you love! Play games. Heal kids.” - Sarcastic Gamer

I don’t have anything to do that day, so I have decided to dedicate as many hours as possible to playing group games all day! I have a ventrilo server that y’all are more than welcome to join in and play with me. The games line up include:

* Counter-Strike:Source
* Team Fortress 2
* Call of Duty 4
* Day of Defeat
* Quakelive
* (Your request here)

STEAM - MissL337Lauren
XFIRE - MissL337Lauren
MIRC - #L337Lauren on Gamesurge.net
*Add me to steam or Xfire, and I’ll send the ventrilo information to you from there.

* Oh but there’s more! I don’t have much more to offer to all my friends/supporters beside gaming time but what about having a picture of me with your name! Yes if you participate in the event in anyway (once again thanks so much for helping), I will include a personalize picture of me holding a sign saying “L337Lauren <3 [your name here]”! Once you donate, if you want.. just send an email to me at Charity@L337Lauren.com.

IF YOU ARE DECIDING TO DONATE:

I have put a high goal of $1337.00 … yes it’s an epic quest, but I’m sure we can beat that together. If you do the math that will only take around 56 people! You can donate money 1 of 2 ways:

* Sponsor the L337Lauren charity team by clicking the giant “DONATE” button on this page. OR
* Join the L337Lauren charity team by clicking the “Create a fundraising page and join my team” link. That will direct you to create an account and then you can invite your friends and families to the team to raise even more money!!

Please think about gaming for a great cause because most of us already put many hours into gaming each day. So we might as well game to help others who desperately need it! We have less than a week but I know if we spread the word, we can do this! I know we all have lives and some of y’all might be busy and won’t be able to game much that day but you can still help by donating! It’ll only take a few minutes to sign up. Thanks everyone! Hope to see you on the 18 th!
Back to top Go down

Sarcastic Gamer Podcast Charity Gaming event for the Texas Children's Hospital
Page 1 of 1