E Leet Gaming®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is intended to be an informative and fun site geared toward the subject of Gaming. This would include PC gaming, Console (Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation, PS2, PS3, ect) RPG, FPS, RTS and all the rest. We hope that you will join our community!

HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Wars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucius
Admin
Admin
Lucius

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Post Wars Empty
PostSubject: Post Wars   Post Wars EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 pm

I have always found that a good way to get a fresh forum site to take off and fly is to have a Post War. Post wars (for those of you that don't know what they are) are an organized competition amongst the members. The idea is that I (or the other Admins/Moderators, take down everyones starting post count at the beginning of the war, then for 24 hours all the members make as many posts as possible. The one that has the most posts wins. Sometimes you get prizes, or temp mod status.

For this war I plan to award the person with the most posts a Moderator position. (unless you already have this position, then you are just the winner. Smile )

The rules will be quite simple.

Post are counted not on total post count but instead, the number of posts you make during the post war.
The post war will be setup to add to a random thread that will be started under this section. The idea will be to continue with the thread, adding to it by staying on subject. The post will only count if the post you make pertains to the previous one.

Myself or Ascendancy will start a thread entitled POST WAR. We will both come up with the opening storyline. The idea will be to continue the story and make it as entertaining as possible. There isn't going to be a overal prewritten expectation to this story. I hope that everyone will use their imagination and have fun.

The Post war will end when either myself or Ascendancy closes the thread. We will then count the posts for each participator. The winner will be given a moderator position. Hope you have fun with this idea. The post that count will be the ones only involved with this thread. Both Ascendancy and I will be participating in this thread but our posts won't be counting. We, being admins, have nothing to gain from this except the entertainment and the growth of the site.

Participators can NOT post one word posts to be combined to make cohesive thought or sentance. We expect that people won't abuse this and that people will leave their post with somewhere for the other posters to go from. That is to say that posters won't attempt to kill the story.

This idea is expected to happen next sunday (8-24-2008) at 8:00pm Central Standard time (-6.00hrs PST) and will be open for 1 full week (8-31-2008) 8:00PM Central Standard Time.

Thread will be entitled POST WAR.

hope to see you there.
Back to top Go down
http://eleetgaming.playogame.com
Ascendancy
Admin
Admin
Ascendancy

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Wars   Post Wars EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Once again this is just something to entertain Lucius and I as well as the Community we have done this in the past on other forums we created and the community loved and it was completely hilarious!!!!!!. Lucius and I we created a in depth story for the community to run with hope you come up with great idea's..
Back to top Go down
Ascendancy
Admin
Admin
Ascendancy

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Wars   Post Wars EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm

The post wars has been up from about 3 days so far and there is a great story coming on so far and i would just love to see more people post on this story and add there bit to it... if there is only two different people beside me and lucius that is posting on it then there will only be "2" people to choose a winner from... please invite the guild to join and be active on the fourms. This was ment to be a fourm postwar not between 3-4 people its basicly give away moderator to someone cause they got on more then the other person.... This post war winner is going to get Moderator and as it looks now its not going to even be kinda a competitions of the members on the forums.. please get member that havnt or are members to partisipate in this Post war!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Wars   Post Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Wars
Page 1 of 1